Timeline is not working

Hi,
I am working on animating a window shutter. Each plank of the shutter is a separate mesh. And I run a loop function of open and close the shutter. Everything works fine, if I run it. But they just snap in just one frame where the angle of the shutter plank turns from 0 to 40 degree.

I do not want that. I want the shutters to be slowly turns from 0 to 40 degrees over 2 seconds of time. So, connected the function through the Timeline. But it is not working. I am not sure what is the mistake I did. Can someone please help me to fix this.

When I debug, I see the line connected to the ā€œUpdateā€ output node is not firing. So, obviously, the ā€œTimelineā€ function is not working in this.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Can you show the whole chunk of code?

you need a to connect the shutter angle 1 to the axis you need to rotate.or if the the timeline is 0 -1 value with lerp node before seting the rotation

Are you calling it from the editor or PIE?

U can use actor sequence to animate stuff without code.

Hi, I call it from Sequencer

Hi, even after connecting the shutter angle, it still didnā€™t work. While debugging, the line that goes out of the ā€œUpdateā€ is not turning red at all.

Hi, sorry, can you please enlighten me. I donā€™t understand.

Here it is

Like this

Also, I see your custom event is ā€˜run in editorā€™, which doesnā€™t use timelines. Timelines only work during gameplay.

So, I cannot use it in Sequencer? Can you please suggest any other method please.

You either have to use editor tick

or record the sequence while the game is playingā€¦

Ok. Thanks. I will try this. If it didnā€™t work, I will have to do the animation in Blender and import it in to the sequencer.

1 Like

why not use actor sequence? itā€™s much easier and itā€™s done visually. itā€™s under components tab inside an actor. it behaves the same as level sequencer. execpt that u can animate other components like static meshā€™s.
Annotation 2021-08-15 233159

i need to mention that bcz this class is experimental i noticed there might be a bug in actor sequence, u canā€™t rotate or move the object inside viewport once itā€™s added to the timeline, u need to rotate or move it via the parameters inside timeline. which is odd, hope it gets fixed.

Thanks. Let me try this.

Oh. I understand.