Not critical but tiring bug (I think bug or better omission). After renaming blueprint with a thumbnail (created before by Asset Actions/Capture Thumbnail) thumbnail is cleared. Clearing is not necessary, because this is same blueprint (in this case actor bp), with same object etc, just name changed. With a lot of actor blueprints for rename what is sometimes required, this is no good.
Edit - topic changed, thumbnail gone when asset is moved to different directory.
I was unable to reproduce your issue on our end, I have a couple of questions to help narrow down the issue you experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a new project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps so that I can reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screenshots or video of your issue?
I can’t see gif in comment, so next post.
- this is new project, I just test on new created and it happens too
- reproduce: make asset thumbnail, change asset name or move to other folder
if gif not display, is here http://imgur.com/a/xqI27
I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here
You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.
Thank you - fingers crossed - I have tons of different inventory actors and this is important I think
And still not solved in 21.
I wonder if there’s a shortcut at least, so we can capture thumbnails fast.
Still not resolved 4 years later. This is a major issue for those of us on the creative side who rely on thumbnails.
I agree, this is really annoying and should be fixed