Download

This project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running D:/UnrealEngine/Epic Games/4.14/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe BatteryCollector Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users/Devin/Documents/Unreal Projects/BatteryCollector/BatteryCollector.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -NoHotReloadFromIDE
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for BatteryCollectorEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\Devin\Documents\Unreal Projects\BatteryCollector\BatteryCollector.uproject” “C:\Users\Devin\Documents\Unreal Projects\BatteryCollector\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BatteryCollectorEditor\Development\BatteryCollectorEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for BatteryCollectorEditor in 5.79093 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 8 actions (3 in parallel)
[2/8] Resource PCLaunch.rc
[3/8] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
PCH.BatteryCollector.h.cpp
BatteryCollector.generated.cpp
BatteryCollectorCharacter.cpp
BatteryCollectorGameMode.cpp
BatteryCollector.cpp
[8/8] Link UE4Editor-BatteryCollector.dll
Creating library C:\Users\Devin\Documents\Unreal Projects\BatteryCollector\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-BatteryCollector.lib and object C:\Users\Devin\Documents\Unreal Projects\BatteryCollector\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-BatteryCollector.exp
BatteryCollectorGameMode.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual bool __cdecl AGameModeBase::SetPause(class APlayerController *,class TBaseDelegate<bool>)” (?SetPause@AGameModeBase@@UEAA_NPEAVAPlayerController@@V?$TBaseDelegate@_N$$$V@@@Z)
BatteryCollector.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual bool __cdecl AGameModeBase::SetPause(class APlayerController *,class TBaseDelegate<bool>)” (?SetPause@AGameModeBase@@UEAA_NPEAVAPlayerController@@V?$TBaseDelegate@_N$$$V@@@Z)
C:\Users\Devin\Documents\Unreal Projects\BatteryCollector\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-BatteryCollector.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Devin\Documents\Unreal Projects\BatteryCollector\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-BatteryCollector.dll
Total build time: 44.74 seconds

Let me translate the error for you:

“unresolved external symbol” mostly means, that you need to define a function, that you’ve either added to the header file yourself,
or which got added by something else.

The function here is: “public: virtual bool __cdecl AGameModeBase::SetPause(class APlayerController *,class TBaseDelegate<bool>)”.

Implement it into the cpp file and the error should go away.

Erm… I’m kind of new to UE4 how would I go about doing this?

I’m following the tutorial here; https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gYup-gvJtMsgJqnEB_dGiM4/mSRov77hNR4/index.html