This layer has no layer info assigned yet?

I currently have a landscape/map that I am building, I built it in GeoControl 2 then imported the map, I’ve spend about 10 hours hand crafting dunes and built a small number of buildings in the area. The problem is that the land is too consistent and needs additional materials to be painted on the ground. So naturally I made a material that has many submaterials, this has worked for me before on another map.

However, when I tied to create the material so that I can “paint” different textures and such on the landscape I get the error:

"This layer has no layer info assigned yet. You must create or assign a layer info before you can paint this layer."

This has worked for me before and I don’t know why I can’t create a material and then place it into my “Landscape Material” and then go into “Paint” and be able to just change the ground as needed. I will attach additional screen shots for clarity. Thanks for your help.

It should also be noted that when I place in the new material that the actual graphics change, the error appears when I try to add a new material to the map. I’m not sure how significant this information is.

This is the material I wish to use for the landscape

This is what I currently have set up that works

Hi bootstrotter,

Is this similar to what you are seeing? https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Landscape/QuickStart/5/index.html

Specifically, the layer information warning. Have you followed the steps below it?

Additionally, have you made sure that your textures are set to shared:wrap? If you select each texture there should be a space called Sampler Source, This should be changed to shared: wrap if you have more than 12-13 textures in your material and must be done on each texture within the material.

Hi bootstrotter,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

Have the same problem tried wrapping textures still not working material is not loading using newest version of ue4.