This bone exists only on the skeleton question

Hello,

My normal search every corner of the internet is not really getting my question answered.
Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this.

I’m using the Unreal Skeleton with some new bones appended in Maya.
I can’t seem to remove some new bones that I don’t need anymore. I’ve removed the offending
bones and re-imported but some kind of reference to those old bones just want to hang around forever. I would expect those ghost bones would go away since nothing will ever use them.

So the question is how do I get rid of these referenced bones ( if that is the correct term ) That are no longer used in any of my skeletal meshes?

Also more holistically. What is actually happening to everything else that uses the UE skeleton?
Are those ghost bones bloating anything that I need to be aware of? I want my rigs to stay clean.

Did you ever figure this out?
The only answer I’ve seen is to create a brand new project with the same folder heirarchy as your current project and then import the skeleton to the new project and then migrate the skeleton over.
And this fix did not work for me.

Hi! Yeah that was the answer I got from friends and contacts as well. Like once its in there, its in there. So you just need to be more organized before you start pulling stuff in I guess. That was a pretty unsatisfying answer though haha

1 Like