Third person top-down fixed camera control issue

Hey all,

I’ve seen a thread before with this exact issue, but I’m having trouble finding it.

This is my game, the camera mostly works fine and looks like this:

I’m using a third person default camera for my game, modified a little bit to keep the camera fixed while following the character. Super simple, top down WASD setup. However, I’m running into an issue where sometimes the movement is diagonal for some reason.

Example, i want her to run south when i hold S, but instead she runs southwest or something like that.

I did this camera a few months ago when I was BRAND new to Unreal (I’m focused on the art side, the game part is new for me), and while I’m a little more experienced now I can’t figure this out, or remember how i even set this one up unfortunately. Here is a screenshot of my blueprint, please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!!

Shoot. I need the same thing.

I managed to fix this eventually, but it’s been so long that I don’t remember how. I can check my camera BP and post that again when I’m home from work-- if I forget and you still need this, just shoot me another comment!

PLEASE. I have had many ideas for a solution to a similar problem and none of them worked so far.

A bit anticlimactic, but it looks like i just deleted everything in the ThirdPersonCharacter BP besides this:

Meh :frowning: thanks for this ultra out of date replies though!