Third Person Animations in First-Person/True First-Person

Hello,
So I’m currently working on a first-person horror game, and I just have a couple of questions regarding the animation side of things that someone can hopefully assist with.

1. I was thinking of getting some of the Animset Pro assets from the marketplace however third person animations are usually not very suited to first-person. I’m just wondering if I should make the animations from scratch for first-person, or alter the ones provided in the set as these are much higher quality than what I would be able to produce. And also if the latter option wouldn’t be overly difficult, what would be the best way to do this? (I would assume export the animation, open in 3ds Max or similar software, edit the key frames and then reimport).

2. I’m also not sure which perspective I should use in my game. True first-person would be preferable as it is more immersive, however it seems to lead to clipping issues with a lot of animations. From what I’ve seen others say is that you can edit the mesh to not include things towards the top of the body as they wouldn’t be seen anyway. Just wondering what parts are the best to remove so that there is minimal clipping issues with animations, yet still includes enough of the mesh to not be seen during gameplay. (Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but thought I may as well as it does relate to the third-person animations)

Thanks in advance.