These changes could make it easier to use Foliage

I really love UE5 but I find that foliage really lacks intuitiveness with how to select / unselect things you have selected instead of holding shift and so on maybe there could also be buttons to help select / unselect all? Maybe there could be a way to discern what is selected and what isn’t when you don’t hover over an item too like a colored border? Or perhaps an option that toggles our ability to always view the checkbox or not would be nice.

The last suggestion that I have for this is if we could have Tags to organize foliage. For example, I’d love to be able to have two tags for sorting through trees [ Tag: Trees ] [ Tag: Northern ] Which would then include pine, spruce, poplar, etc… But if only Trees were selected then you could even have palm trees included. It’s a bit hard to figure out what foliage is what and it would give us a reason to use large thumbnails.

I hope that makes sense and thank you for reading!

Edit: I think search system might already support tags come to think of it.

1 Like

I ve got the same thoughts. Its really hard to organize foliage and the crap thumbnails dont help either. I wonder if there is some plugin which could compensate the lack of foliageset presets?