There is a problem with the door opening and closing sound

Hello, I am trying to adjust the opening and closing sounds of the door, but every time I press the g button for the door, the sounds I add repeatedly repeat constantly. Is there a way to prevent this?

Is the looping uncheck in the sounds?

In cue assets:

In sound files:

Hi - The sounds need to be on the Open and Closed ( not Opening / Closing ) pins, otherwise everytime you press G, the sound will play… :slight_smile:

If it’s in the Door BP, just add audio components to it with your sounds. Then you’ll be able to play and stop the sound whenever you like. I personally like use Fade Out when Timeline is completed.

And another unrelated thing: try using and Ease node with the timeline to control rotation, with your curve as Alpha. This way you’ll have more control over the rotation since you’ll be able to set concrete rotation values. Multiplying rotator by float may work in this case, but there’s no guarantee it will work as you want in other cases. Plus you’ll have to adjust the curve for every animation, whereas with the Ease node the curve will be virtually the same, just going from 0 to 1.

Yes loop is closed

Thank you for your answer, the problem seems to be solved now. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer, my problem is solved. I made a little mistake. I read what you wrote as a note and can you help me a little more about how I can do it, it is very useful for you to add photos, I want to improve myself. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your answers. :slight_smile:

Sure. So basically you create this curve in your Timeline (it goes from 0 to 1):

305078-curve.png

And use as Ease node with your Timeline, connecting this curve as Alpha:

This way you won’t have to calculate the value by which you multiply your rotator; you just enter the needed rotation values in A and B, and your rotation will automatically go from A to B values or back, depending on the timeline direction. You can also change the Function type to get different results and find what suits you best.

Thanks for teaching, I’ll try this. :slight_smile: