'Their Land' with ingame Metahumans. Resource Management Discussion

Hey volks!
The game Their Land I developed the past 2 years as a single dev will get released on June 6th with Metahumans ingame for free since I’m still a student and this was basically a test project.

You can wishlist the game right here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2430990/Their_Land/

Here is a Gameplay Trailer: THEIR LAND: Gameplay Trailer | English - YouTube

Since a lot of people think that Metahumans are too powerful to be handled by low-end-PCs I wanted to try that. I developed on a RTX 2080 but could even play the packaged game with my GTX 1050 Laptop from 2017 or so. Of course after I optimized the groom-settings which needed the most resources and lowered all textures by a few factors.

With lowest settings but it was playable with about 25fps average. And this card is pretty old.

So what are your thoughts and experiences with Metahumans in games? Is it still too heavy for ordinary machines?

5 Likes

Although I may be a bit late, I must say that the gameplay trailer for your game, “Their Land,” left me in awe! It was truly intense and captivating! The quality of the gameplay was exceptional, which is a testament to your immense dedication to creating it over the past two years. I’ve added your game to my Steam wishlist, and I wouldn’t miss out on the chance to experience such an intriguing game, especially since you’re offering it for free. :exploding_head: :star_struck:

1 Like