The Witch House | Unreal Engine 5.3 Short Film

Hi all,

This is my last project made with Unreal Engine 5.3 and rendered with Lumen.

The scene was made with the Quixel Megascans

21 Likes

Hi there @sergioduarte,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far!

This is the perfect project to hit just in time for official spooky season. It has everything you could ever want from a Halloween season project. Eerie audio, rainy weather, and (of course!) a witch lurking just beyond view. The lighting is also done just beautifully; the warm house lighting contrasting with the moon resulted in a truly unique feeling when looking at the environment as a whole. If you don’t mind me asking, how long did this project take?

3 Likes

1 week more and less, i almost spend more time in solving some Lumen issues that came out in the render. thanks for the feedback

3 Likes

Brilliantly done for just a weeks worth of work and problem solving. Glad the lighting turned out so great with the Lumen issues. Hope to see more of your work soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, It was minor things because we must not forget that lumen is optimized to real-time! and for rendering we must do some things in a completely different way and active some cmd commands to get better looking and losing performance because for rendering is nor relevant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My-my, it is the spookiest time of the year, after all! :jack_o_lantern:

Thank you, @sergioduarte, for sharing your beautifully haunting short film “The Witch House” with us on the forums! I am particularly impressed by the audio design and how each sound perfectly complements the others, resulting in a truly immersive experience. :star_struck:

1 Like

Hey there @sergioduarte !

I must say that I absolutely adore this scene! It’s very spooky but also the perfect vibe I like to see! It reminds me of one of my favorite VR worlds that I like to sit in except there’s sea creatures floating around in that one!

You’ve made an eerie yet cozy atmosphere with your work and I can’t wait to see more!!

2 Likes

Thank you for all the feedback, I will be posting future proejcts in unreal here.

1 Like

This was really cool. I absolutely loved it!

2 Likes

That’s excellent news! I can’t wait to see what you post next, cheers! :grin:

1 Like

Stunning work! Not only the environment superbly done, but also the sound design is perfect. Whisper is a great solution to further emphasize the witch’s spirit of the entire video.

3 Likes

Thank you so much all for the feedback

3 Likes

Is it rude to ask for your cmd commands breakdown? Asking for a … friend, yes asking for a friend. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@LT-17 i will do a breakdown for this scene soon, showing the project lighting, the console commands to solve and improve some render quality with lumen.

Awesome work @sergioduarte !