The Windmill | Unreal Engine 5

This windmill it’s inspired by Passion Pictures and Gorillaz concept in their music video, Feel Good Inc. It’s part of a personal project that I’m currently working on Unreal Engine 5
Created with a hero asset pipeline. Lighting all real-time dynamic with Lumen.
Really enjoyed making this scene and was a great opportunity to experiment with some advanced techniques like sculpting assets for Nanite
Scene was made with art in mind while still remaining performant framerate.
The Windmill was created and modeled in Maya and later sculpted in Zbrush.
Textures were made using Substance Painter with resources like Megascans and Poliigon.
It was quite some effort and a lot of learning but it pay off at the end, huge shout out to Dekogon’s Environment Production course in Artstation Learning.

You can see more of my work here:
https://www.artstation.com/xaviprz98

1 Like

I feel like I’ve been taking assets for granted. Seeing all the various softwares that went into one creation is just pure insanity. Wonderful job and hope I get to be in awe of your work again soon!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words! It means a lot, definitely creating an asset with AAA quality it’s a long process that involves a lot but it’s worth it. This was my first approach to that workflow, still looking forward to learning more techniques and keep improving.

1 Like