The video doesn't show in unreal 5

Thanks for explaining how the bug report works, I hope the unreal guys can fix it soon.
As for the .uproject file, it is very interesting, now I also understand how I can make backups of my projects; I just have to copy the .uproject file to tora folder and I will create a backup, right? Fantastic!
Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me.

Okay, I will Printscreen literally everything in BP’s that i’ve done. It’s not perfect this was more of a experiment with videos and audio, that’s why this weird 2D audio thing, and this “loop” so ignore that.

This is level blueprint

Materialx3

Video player

Organisation in folder “Movies”

Media Player

I think you will find your answer here, BUT please try some other videos also, make video with your mobile phone or something like that.

1 Like

I had the same problem I think.
Go in to project settings and search for RHI and change from directX to default.

11 Likes

Thank you so much! I changed and works good!

Yes, this solves everything! Thank you very much!!!

Thank you!!! Was spinning my wheels on that one, thanks for the fix!

2 Likes

我禁用了插件“ElectraPlayer“ 也有效果

Tu es un génie merci énormément :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. That sure was the problem with me as well.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Changing RHI to default is probably not the best approach. RHI needs to be set to DirectX 12 for Nanite and Lumen to work properly. A better solution is to keep RHI set to DirectX 12 , then go to Plugins and enable the Electra Player plugin.
Electra

6 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thank you @msteffen. This was helpful!

1 Like

I have enabled the Electra player but it does not solve the issue for me. The media source URL in the media player somehow results to null On Begin Play. I am not quite sure what causes this to happen. Any clue?

Hi. Did you manage to fix it?

Did you manage to get it to work?

@frizzywizzy22 Unreal 5.1 fixed this.

Im having this issue with 5.1
My videos work fine in editor but when I packaged the game its all white…

@frizzywizzy22 have you tried using the media plate? you can find it in the place actors panel.

This is crazy. So either you use Lumen, or you play videos. This issue is Not solved. Some cannot simply move to another engine on a whim for something so simple that we shouldn’t have issues doing… like playing a video. (im on UE5)

1 Like

Check media plates. It is literally drag-and-drop now. Can you also share a screen shot of the issues you are experiencing?