The vehicle can't stop on the slope and there is sliding phenomenon!

I create a car(later I call it SUV), now I control it.In the process, I found a strange phenomenon:When the car brakes during the downhill process, it cannot be stopped. It can be seen that the wheels have stopped rotating, but the car is still sliding down at a speed of 0.2m/s.

Below is my attempt:

Attempt 1:

I modified the “Low Forward Speed Sub Step Count” in the vehicle dynamics parameters from 10 to a value less than or equal to 4, and then the vehicle can stop on the slope, but this modification will cause me to use the program to control it, which will cause it in a downhill situation. The brakes are extremely sensitive and the control stability is poor.

Attempt 2:

I reduced the weight of the vehicle (without modifying the parameters in attempt 1), and the vehicle can also stop on the slope, but the control result is the same as the first attempt, which is not stable and precise.

The above two results are not what I want. I want to get the same control effect as the vehicle on flat ground, but I don’t know where the problem is.I am very confused.
333294-
][1]

1 Like

You could try increasing the friction of the physical materials of the wheels + the ground?

Thanks your reply,I forgot to say that I have tried to modify the friction of the wheels but no effect.And I want to know the means of “the wheels + the ground” that you said.

AFAIK friction is calculated based on the physical material of both surfaces touching. So in theory the wheels could have high friction, but the ground could be a slippery as ice and the wheel would spin.

1 Like

I have understand your reply and try it, but it no effect. My problem is not caused by this reason. Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestions.
The symptom of my problem is that the wheels do not roll, but they are sliding down at a very low speed on the slope.

1 Like

Have you found a solution?

I’m using hte chaos vehicle.

When my car car stops or spawn on a slpoe (with handbrak and brakes on) it keeps moving. It feels like on parking a car on a very slippy surface. But the speed of the movement is not increasing. So i think the the chaos vehicles tires arent using a correct physics material under the hood.

I tried many combinations of the settings of Friction Multipliers and Slip Modefiers on Chaos Wheels but nothing brings to stop the car from moving.

The slippy effect also came up if i place the vehicle on a slope sideways. The car is sliding sideways down.

I also changed the physics material of ground to a very high friction. this reduces the effect a little bit but not stop the car completly.

I read about this is fixed in UE5. But not in 4.27-chaos-

Is this issue fixed? I’m having the same problem with my vehicle :frowning: I’m using UE4 4.16

Hey,Does anybody know how to fix this? I am getting same issue in UE5.3.2,Same attempts.nothing works. My car will slide sideways when stop on a slope