The Unpersons - A Survival Horror Roguelike

Yeah, I have now to rework the textures to work with the new setting, since those were made with cellshading in mind.

Also, here’s a small video of the lighting in work:

And some advances in the static meshes:

Finally got the time! For now I made huge updates on materials, and full implementation of VXGI in the game. Besides adding some new models

Well, this is was an interesting week, now that the core assets and overall game atmosphere are done, the stage of developing is finally coming around to the nice point of further development of our demo. Now we are moving forwards to the official demo development, focusing mainly on the our meshes and art.

Also, The Unpersons has now an official weblog in which you can the latest news and updates: http://dotpowered.net/news/5 I’ll still keep this topic alive and updating every week. Now, onto the updates:

This week it was defined our game cover, which will be the base to promote the game and the development of one of our creatures you’ll find in the game, our main source of inspiration is polish artist:Zdzislaw Beksinski. Due to our game nature and setting, the imaginary Beksinskis’ art comprises is the right call.

Now: for what you came in for, the pics!

The following images of the creature are a WIP and are in need of fine tuning. This one is called for now: The Begotten. A mass of meat and limbs compressing a couple delivering their child (The baby is still under development) the design tries to invoke a feeling of sorrow and sadness rather than shocking the player.

[FONT=Arial Black][NSFW]

Just kidding! :smiley: Anyways, the game is looking good dude and I’m looking forward to trying it out. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Great work man! Looks really awesome

The Unpersons Devlog #2: Updates on our models!

Hello and welcome again to our weekly update for The Unpersons! I’m Freddy Cervera, Lead Developer at Sunbox Entertainment, and I’m here to tell you what’s been up to in the game we’re making with Unreal Engine 4 and DOT Engine.

This week we’ve been mainly focusing and optimizing our models for the upcoming demo. These models, to be found in the torture chamber, were made by our experienced modeler Diego Cardozo, who’s producing the props for the main game level.

Also, we got a nice collaboration by our friend Manolo Escobedo, an oil painter and great 3D modeler that donated these assets for the game. These particular assets (still a WIP) are for one of the many places you’ll visit once your sanity drops

I also had the time to further develop The Begotten, the final challenge; you’ll meet at the end of the experience in our demo. Still a WIP, several details are to bound to change, one of them are the arms for the main body, the open edges are part of the head that’ll open upon taking damage, revealing a triple jaw composed of several teeth and elements.

This indeed was a nice week, and we’re pushing forward to have more advances the next ones, including: advances on the props, fine tuning and details on The Begotten, polishing the dreamscape you see here and provide a sneak peak on the actual level running on the UE4, so keep your eyes open and visit us next week to check what’s on tap. Have a lovely week everybody :smiley:

There is some sick stuff going on… I like it.