I love the UE4 C++ Tutorials on YouTube, the Battery-Game that was covered a few days ago was great and there were many small helpers that Lauren mentioned throughout that helped me understand things I wouldn’t have figured out myself or picked up elsewhere.
Here are a few topics I’d like to see covered in future:
- Custom Movement Components (From scratch, not building off of one of the existing ones).
- Thorough Coverage of the ‘Shooter Game’ code. It’s one of the most well-programmed examples yet. Go through each function and explain what it does and why etc, why some are Inline and some are not.
- Inventory System Perhaps?
- Workflows, you know what you want to do, what do you integrate first etc? Dealing with issues.
- Programming a simple custom Plug-In.
- Level Loading/Management.
The wiki is great, but most of the tutorials aren’t fully explained and just give you source without going through it step-by-step, I find that pretty unhelpful having no prior experience in Coding, but I am learning a lot as I go and making simple games.