The Solus Project ~12 hours of UE4 in-depth tutorials + example content from Solus

I will see what I can do over the coming months. More blueprint content may be needed first though.

I bought the first 2 videos. And next month will surely buy the last one.
If you’re starting with Unreal or game development in general, these tutorials are highly recommended.

As I said, they are on a beginner level. And also I think that is the idea of the author.
The videos are well done, very informative, and speaks clearly (perhaps seem silly, but for someone not speaking English natively is very important).

On the other hand, and although I am interested in learning Blueprints, my idea is a better learing with c++, (I’m Java and c#programmer ).
So im re doing what is explained about blueprints in the tutorials to c++, and I find it very useful to learn to.

I Take this opportunity to leave a question.
When you talking about weight (or mass) of an object, you decide to use a varible created by you instead of using the physics from the engine.
Is this due to something particular?

Thank you and sorry for my English!

Hi, great to hear thanks!

No I only added the var myself to illustrate that approach. I use weight in the video, but imagine it is not weight but for example a temperature offset brought along by the time, like I have in solus. Then you’d definitely need a new var. So I more wanted to illustrate the universal approach of defining a var that then does something.

So how do you order the Solus project tutorials from your page? I am on the site but there is no order button anywhere? Looking forward to seeing it all. Keep it coming man! What would be super cool if there was some good tut for creating an efficient water material with some refraction etc going on.

Edit: Figured it out, thought I could buy entire series directly :wink:

http://www…com/videos-index/

I have quite an ok water material myself, but it is not great. I don’t feel I can do a proper tutorial on water without engine side improvements (reflection/spec) first.

Would you mind sharing it? The one I made is doing weird stuff when being outdoors, while looking quite acceptable indoors…

Mine is meant for indoors also. The outdoor one I have, the ocean in my videos, is less ok than the indoor one so I don’t think it is a good example to share atm.

The indoor one I might share at some point, just a bit out of time atm.

You can now see video of at Epic on Epic’s Twitch channel!

Find out the amazing story of he got involved with Unreal Engine :slight_smile: