*A shining city lies besieged in the heart of a vast desert. As the moon rises over the royal palace, a notorious thief watches the king die at a traitor’s hand. Discovered, falsely accused, and thrown into the dungeon, our thief must make their escape before the siege breaks.
Master acrobatic abilities and traverse the cavernous depths of an ancient underground prison, evade detection by your captors and discover a greater evil stirs in the sands below. Fight for your city – foil the enemy’s attempt to strike at the heart of the kingdom.*
The Siege and the Sandfox is what we have termed a ‘Stealthvania’. By infusing stealth into the typical Metroidvania experience we’re creating a unique twist on the ever-popular genre.
- Deep, acrobatic control system - Wall running, grappling, swinging and more.
- Metroidvania style open world - Gain new abilities to help you explore the ancient fortress.
- Stealth focused - Systemic stealth inspired by *Thief *and Mark of The Ninja.
- Narrative driven - Deep lore to be discovered through ambient story telling.
- Pixel Art - Authentic feeling art style, combined with UE4’s modern lighting and particle systems.
- First Pass on character controller + movement. Includes sneaking, jumping, mantling, slides, wall jumps.
- First Pass camera system implemented.
- Tilemaps for all biomes created.
- Tilemap markup + collision system implemented.