The SDK for Windows is not installed properly

Im trying to build my game and I have installed the correct SDK and am still having problems building my game. Could someone please help

Is there a bug using Unreal Engine 5.2 ? Usually if you get this, it means some SDK is not installed and therefore the software cannot be compiled against the target platform. For instance if you want to develop for the Meta Quest standalone, you need the Android SDK/NDK. In our specific case, it could mean that UE5.2. needs something extra perhaps new version of VS or an extension.

This is the message im getting.
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error
LogAudio: Display: Chunk size for SoundWave /Engine/EditorSounds/Notifications/CompileFailed.CompileFailed: 262144
LogDerivedDataCache: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/Common/DerivedDataCache: Maintenance finished in +00:00:41.202 and deleted 0 files with total size 0 MiB and 0 empty folders. Scanned 21453 files in 24442 folders with total size 3867 MiB.

Hey @champx2345!

Check out this thread post that has a solution to the same error to your current one:

I hope the above is the solution you need!

1 Like

Hey my friend I installed this sdk but it did not help me

Are you using 5.2 or 5.2.1 or does it matter?

Hey @champx2345,

That should not matter for that solution provided. To clarify, you are using visual studio 2022 as stated in the hardware requirements for Unreal 5.2?

Im using 2019 Visual Studios. Would that be the problem

Switching to VS 2022 lets see if this fixes it. Thank you for your help my friend Ill keep you posted if it resolves this. Also are you a developer looking for work? If so let me know.

Changing the Visual Studios to 2022 did not help with this error

Hey @champx2345,

Hmm, okay. Just to double check, your using the following as required/shown in the 5.2 release notes?

1 Like

Thought i would update here. Ran into this issue after updating my visual studio. Note im also on UE5.3.2
Turns out it bugs out, so what worked for me is simply uninstalling and reinstalling UE.
Hope this helps anyone with this problem recently!

2 Likes

I can confirm this approach still works. What I did was followed the steps mentioned in the attached video then uninstalled and reinstalled UE5.3. I was able to package my project for Windows afterwards and the popup never appeared.

1 Like

Appreciate the support greatly

I’ve found if Visual Studio has an update I will get this error unless I updated via the vs installer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.