The sales statistic for the new asset is very odd as the week passes

I uploaded my first asset in the mid august. So I am pretty new here and unaware of how the marketplace usually works. But my sales statistics is acting extremely weird.
The first week after the upload I had constant daily sales. It wasn’t too many sales, but at least once-twice per day, my item has been sold. Every single day, without breaks. But right after 8 days passed my sales have suddenly dropped to 0 and it is remaining like this for over a week now.
I have 5 stars rating, pretty nice review. My asset is not referring to any specific date or season etc. It is relevant for any time of the year.
What I can not understand is how possibly it could drop so suddenly from every day sales to no sales at all during a whole week (9 days to be precise). :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Is there some extreme boost for the first week after uploading? Is such a harshly drop in sales a normal thing? I wouldn’t be surprised if I had some breaks during the first week or if my sales would drop a bit. But it feels more like the sales have switched from “all to nothing”.
Should I check some settings or whatever?

1 Like

Sounds like your product has just slipped off the front page. Now it’s only going to be found by people who are specifically looking for it.

What you can do, is mods and updates, and post here about them. That way, more people can become aware of your product. I see threads on here about MP stuff that five years old.

Keep the attention.

What is your product, BTW ( you missed an opportunity to post that here :wink: )

1 Like

Some marketplaces offer a “new item boost” or “new release boost” to newly uploaded assets. This means that during the first few days or weeks after uploading, your item may get more visibility and exposure, resulting in increased sales. This boost aims to help new items get some initial traction and feedback from buyers. Online marketplaces often use complex algorithms to determine the visibility of items. These algorithms are continuously updated and can impact how your asset is shown to potential buyers. If the algorithm changes or your asset’s relevance score decreases for some reason, it might lead to a sudden drop in sales. Depending on the category or type of asset you’ve uploaded, there could be high competition or saturation in the marketplace. As a result, even with a good asset, there might be periods of lower sales due to the sheer number of similar items available.
While your asset may not be specific to any particular season, there can still be seasonal fluctuations in demand for certain types of assets. Even if your asset is relevant year-round, there might be peak and slow seasons.
Understanding market fluctuations and sales patterns is essential in any business strategy, and the “LinkedIn Sales Navigator extension” can be a valuable asset in this regard. By identifying trends, preferences, and demand patterns of potential customers, businesses can tailor their offerings and marketing campaigns to maximize sales during peak seasons and mitigate the impact of slower periods. Moreover, this extension can aid businesses in reaching out to potential buyers and offering personalized solutions, ultimately improving conversion rates and overall sales performance.