The project stopped packaging?

I was building & packaging this projects until today. I was fiddling around some project setting but i don’t think anything lethal have been changed. The error message i got is below. Thanks for any help.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=F:/SoFarProjects/soFar424/SoFar_4_24.uproject BuildCookRun -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -nop4 -project=F:/SoFarProjects/soFar424/SoFar_4_24.uproject -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory="F:/SoFarProjects/soFar424/Build/New folder" -package -ue4exe="C:\Program Files
\Epic Games\UE_4.24\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" -pak -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Win64 -build -clientconfig=Shipping -utf8output
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Setting up ProjectParams for F:\SoFarProjects\soFar424\SoFar_4_24.uproject
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): SoFar_4_24.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (ApexDestruction plugin is enabled)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at UnrealBuildTool.XGE.TryGetXgConsoleExecutable(String& OutXgConsoleExe) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Executors\XGE.cs:line 80
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InShowProgress, Nullable`1 InChangelistNumberOverride, Dictionary`2 InTargetToManifest) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools
\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\UE4Build.cs:line 1056
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL, ProjectBuildTargets TargetMask) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildProjectCommand.Automation.cs:line 214
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 198
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 39
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs:line 263
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, Dictionary`2 Commands) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 538
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 508
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 176
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.Program.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__2() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`1 Main) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Utils.cs:line 731
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):           at AutomationTool.Program.Main(String[] Arguments) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):        (see C:\Users\seldor\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.24\Log.txt for full exception trace)
PackagingResults: Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Hi, it looks like your problem is here:

PackagingResults: Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

That is a very common error and can occur for various reasons. Variables can be either value type or reference type. Value type being for example integers or booleans and reference types being for example a blueprint object reference. If you are using blueprint references it is likely that you forgot to set the referenced variables of your instanced blueprint. Hence, the System.NullReferenceException, you are trying to access a member of a class instance that hasn’t been declared. The easiest way of debugging that problem would be by simulating your project and checking if it throws up any errors in the message log after you stop simulating:

Then you can click on the looking glass icon which will take you to the error in your blueprint.

Apologies if this response is late. My posts seem to be quite delayed coming through.

Thank you for your response but unfortunately for me this is not the problem i am having. I checked again but there is no error in logs when i play the game in editor or standalone. I have not changed anything in game between last successful build and now. I only changed things in project settings. I think my problem is about this part of the engine.

Yeah that’s an annoying error to have, because it could be a lot of things. If you’ve already had a successful build that’s a good sign, should narrow it down. Do you remember what you changed in project settings?

I’ve switched forward shading on and get a successful build. Then i switched it off and if i remember correctly, haven’t changed anything else. After this build started to fail.

Oh, rendering can sometimes cause this error as well. Something is no longer initialised. Although, it is strange since the forward shading function is a self contained tick box in project settings so it shouldn’t suddenly be throwing up this error. It might be a good idea to just migrate your content to another blank project and try packaging it there? Did it stop working when you turned forward shading on or after you turned it off?

Hi there. Sorry for not replying soon but blank project didn’t do it. After that i got balistic and removed every build component, engine etc and reinstalled. Now i can build. Probably there was a problematic update or something. Thanks again for help, cheers.