The prerequisites stops Unreal from downloading during install. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It has failed to download several times before due to error code-0 and R-23. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting issues and it still does not work.

Where would I find that folder. In my files?

In your %Temp% folder you’ll find some logs that start with UE4_Prerequisites. To access this folder simply type %Temp% into the Windows File Explorer file path bar. Zip those files up, attach to the thread, and I’ll have a look at what might be causing the R-23 issue.

There are a number of ways to find your windows temp folder. Some of the ways are outlined here:

You can, however, literally just type %temp% into file explorer.

I believe this is it.

Sorry about that. I’m not used to Windows 8.

It appears Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) is failing to install. Can you see if your %temp% folder contains a recent log file that starts with dd_vcredist_x86. If so, please attach that too.

link text

So the time stamps in the two log files do not match which means you probably have multiple dd_vcredist log files. It would be helpful to get a zip of them but we can probably work with the one you provided because it does show a problematic issue. I have simplified the interesting bits from the vcredist log here:

Applying execute package: Windows81_x64, action: Install <...snip...> Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu /quiet /norestart
Error 0x80070004: Failed to execute MSU package.
Applied execute package: Windows81_x64, result: 0x80070004, restart: None

The log tells us Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is having an issue installing on your system because it can’t install Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu. Internet searches turn up a bunch of other users that ran into the same problem.

Sorry the error we reported in the launcher was not informative but we’ll work to improve that. Fixing the issue is outside of our control since it is an issue with a third party product.

I can, however, give advice on what I would try in this case:

• First, I would download x86 and x64 Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here:
  • Try to install those manually. They may throw up more info about the error they are encountering.
  • If it does turn out to be an issue with Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu, try installing it manually from here:
  • If Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu problems persist, check out this thread on troubleshooting it:

Thank you very much. I will try these.