The player is attracted to a moving mesh when using launch character

Hi, I’m working on a group project where the main mechanic his using a bump at the character feet ( In this case using the launch character function) to climb a tower. The jump is disable so that’s the only way the player can navigate the environment.

I created a level design object which is a small platform that is floating and dips down when the player jumps on it. I did this by animating the platform through a vector track in a timeline which updates the platforms location.

The problem is that the platform drags the player with it when it starts going down. That would be normal if the player was still sitting on the platform but if you jump right on landing you still get dragged down.

I’ve been looking through physics and collision settings in the player and the static mesh but can’t find anything that fixes it. I also assume that rigging, skinning and animating my platform in a seperate software might fix this problem but would be way less modular and work heavy.

Could you record a video of your issue? This would make it easier to understand what is happening.

Yes! here it is