The Phoenix Corporation : a SCI FI hangar enviroment - 3D ENVIROMENT EXHIBITION

My name is Tancredi Cavallari and I’m an aspirant Enviroment Artist currently studying in Spain, Valencia.

My current and final project for the course is going to be a SCI FI Hangar inspired by different movies and games:

• Alien
  • Halo
  • Anthem
  • Dead Space

The first step to create the enviroment will be the blocking, currently complete at his 80%. The final touches will consist in some specific assets such as terminals, crates and devices.

2 Likes

Week 02 - In the second week of the project I managed to complete the main Modular Kit for the all environment, specifically on the walls, ground and ceiling of the Hangar.

1 Like

Week 02 - Stairs

1 Like

Week 02 - Bridge Railing

2 Likes

Week 02 - In addition to the modular kit assets, I managed to update the blocking for the environment, with some test lights and secondary assets displaced around the different levels.

1 Like

Week 03 - On the third week of the project I finished the modular kit with three main additions that complete the general set:

1 Like

week 03

1 Like

week 03

1 Like

week 03

In addition to the modular kit, I selected the main asset that will be central to the environment:

1 Like

week 03

To close, here’s a collection of bookmarks with the updated environment and a first disposition of lights.

1 Like

Week 04
During the week I started and finished the modeling for the hero assets, The Scorpion Helicopter from Avatar (Blocking, LP, MP & HP):

Also managed to render a couple of sequence for the final presentation (Still under optimization) and some updates on the bookmarks of the environment:

1 Like

Week 05
I finished the modeling and UVs for the hero asset, then started the texturing process (Still under development):

Following the hero asset, I also updated the lighting design with a couple of new addition in terms of color and disposition, then a first look at the third person view with a rigged and retargeted mesh:

Finally a collection of bookmarks with the updated environment:

1 Like

Hi there @UgandaVince, hope you’re well!

This topic has been moved from International to Community: Showcase.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing!

Week 06

During this week I finalized the Hero Asset along with a couple of new additions:

• Scorpion

• Gates

• Armory

Along with the new assets, a bunch of new additions for the all environment. I added a selection of secondary props and mannequin meshes and edited the skeletal mesh for the main player, along with the first steps in terms of post-processing:

To finish, here’s a collection of the usual bookmarks, edited and arranged:

1 Like

Week 07
During the week I managed to finish another important asset for th environment, which are the Armor cores displaced around the side bridges:

Also decided to retexture the hero asset in order to have more definition, since is gonna be the main element for a secondary animation.
I searched for some secondary assets to fill the environment and added a bunch of effects such as smoke, snow and sparkles.
I managed to create a simple external environment for the secondary animation, taking inspiration from the snowy environment of The Callisto Protocol:

To close, The bookmarks shows the general actual state of the project:

1 Like

Week 08

During the week I finalized the environment with some additions in terms of meshes, effects and lights. I changed some basic bookmarks and added a bunch of mannequins to the scene.

I managed to fix the external environment and played a little bit with the post process to acheive a better inspired landscape from “The Callisto Protocol”.

I started the render for the main exhibition sequence as long as the animated one.
The only thing missing is a shake for some cameras of the second animation.
Closing the post with the usual selection of updated bookmarks for the environment.

2 Likes

Week 09

On this week I completed the environment with some additions in terms of sequences, assets and post processing corrections:

1. Updated Bookmarks
  2. Addition of Bloom in each shot and sequence
  3. Addition of Depth of Field in some of the shots and sequences
  4. Fixed frame rate (currently stucked at 40fps instead of 20-30)
  5. Last assets added (Control Panel & Ceiling Supports)

Along with the listed updates, I finished the editing and compositing of the 3 main videos related to the project:

1. Environment exhibition
  2. Hero Asset Animation
  3. Viewport Animation

Each sequence comes with edited sounds and animations. The files will be soon available along with the project presentation on my Artstation account:

To close, here’s an updated collection of bookmarks from the environment:

1 Like

Week 10

In the last week I completed the environment and added some fixes to the project:

• Editing and Compositing correction
  • Final Render for sequences and animations
  • Frame Rate fixes
  • Anti-aliasing addition
  • Animation fixes
  • Fixed Bloom and Depth of Field

The project is finally completed and already posted on my Artstation portfolio:

To close, here’s a final selection of Bookmarks from the project:

1 Like