The Navigant UE5 Lighting Diorama

Hello! Wanted to share my latest project!

This little scene was inspired by Alien and also by the series The Expanse. It’s a kind of continuation of my Cathedral of Heroes project smiley
Wanted to do a small Diorama with a mysterious/dark mood and try to keep that Alien / The thing visuals on the lighting. With the character looking at the darkness and trying to find his way. I did everything on this scene: Modeling, texturing, scene building, VFX, and lighting.
I’m using UE5 with lumen and Nanite enabled as well as some accent and fill lighting

More renders at: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4XaQal

1 Like

Greetings @EdwinVG, and thank you for sharing your magnificent scene, “The Navigant,” here in the Unreal Engine Forums! I enjoyed seeing your “Cathedral of Heroes” project and seeing that this scene is a continuation of sorts; can we expect a fully fleshed out short film in the making or game, perhaps?

Kudos again on a fantastic job done with this project; I can tell you put some serious time and effort into creating such a brilliant scene!

1 Like

Hi @Zezkaii!

Thank you for your comment it really means a lot!

Been learning a lot and building these scenes while familiarizing myself with UE5, Originally these projects were a series of environments meant to be part of the same world/universe, now I’m starting to flesh out more details as I get more comfortable with the engine. I want this to be a game but haven’t really thought about the mechanics, but I want to do a first-person adventure of sorts!

Thank you again for your comment!

Going at it step by step and learning a lot!

1 Like

The pleasure is all mine, and your skill with the Unreal Engine does not go unnoticed; you are creating exceptional works of art! I would love it if someday I could explore these scenes in a first-person RPG; that would be amazing! Until then, keep up the phenomenal work; I can’t wait to see what kinds of creations you showcase next. :grin:

1 Like