The Morning Flight

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag BetterLightThanNever

The Morning Flight

Student Submission: (No)

Credits to sourced content:

• waterline pro
  • ultra dynamic sky
  • Fighter F/A-18C Hornet (West)
  • Heli UH60A (West)
  • air craft carrier from cadnav.com
  • Flight Deck Crew from TurboSquid
  • Pilot from cgtrader
  • most textures are from Megascans
    Music
    Little Gold Nugget · Jesse Roper

Some more screenshots from the video

insert screenshot of your project (in editor)

Optional

• Description
    Hi folks I’m Jesse, an Environment artist and lighting artist from Thailand. I started learning unreal engine in 2019. I work for an entertainment start-up firm in Bangkok as a real-time environment artist and then the unreal engine architect visualization contractor with POPULOUS in 2021.

In this scene, I have strong inspiration from the well-known movie name "TOP GUN" this movie inspired me when I was a child, then they have a new sequel in 2022. I love that movie so much. So I think I should do it in my way with Unreal Engine 5. 

So I start with retexturing the entire Aircraft carrier with in-engine re UV and combined with megascans high equally texture then blocking the scene with aircraft assets. After that, I start to do the animation and add some visual effects to make it juicier then add some more fill light in the scene to make it more interesting. I use the panorama camera lens because I'd like to make it a cinematic look there might be some more way but I'd want to try this.

Last thing if you have any suggestions or like to follow my artwork I will put my art station link below. thank you everyone I’m really fun on this challenge I hope you guys like this and see you on the next artwork. :slightly_smiling_face:

• Engine version 5.02
41 Likes

Just like the real,good job!

3 Likes

DCS World in Unreal :heart_eyes:.
Looking great. Congrats!

2 Likes

it’s a wonderful work! i love it!!

1 Like

Greetings @Jesse103 !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

You’ve done an amazing job taking these assets and visual effects to the next level! This looks great enough to be a promo for the US military! Thank you for sharing with us!

How did you decide the “time of day” in which to create your cinematic?

1 Like

Hi @Get_DOVAH_it

Thank you so much! I appreciate that.

For the scene firstly, I’ve tried some of the lighting styles like Overcast, sunny day, and rainy
but after that, I thought It should be sexier and a bit more action, so I tried the Golden time in the morning because I’ll get a nice key light from the sun when I put it behind the hero object on the scene. Then I put the fill lighting to add more detail and make it more interesting to lead the viewer to the point where I’d like them to put their eyes.

3 Likes

It looks cool! Great work!

1 Like

Cool bro, very great work! till now you are number one in my opinion

1 Like

Oh man, I really like this! Great job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow nice work. Very Top Gun. :+1:

1 Like

Let’s goooooooooooooooooooo!!!

1 Like

It’s awesome !! Congrats !