The Mill has been creating world-class visual effects built on creative excellence and cutting-edge technologies for over twenty-eight years. We believe in creating work that touches people emotionally, that becomes popular culture and that people love, talk about and want to share. We believe in great ideas beautifully told.
The Mill is looking for an accomplished Technical Artist with UE4 Blueprints development skills. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art and animation pipelines in general and of the content creation pipeline and Blueprints system in Unreal. A high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical. The Technical Artist will assist teams of artists in tackling projects and be equipped to provide support on complicated technical issues within Unreal.
- Work with the CG Lead and Creative Director to design and build interactive experiences using Unreal
- Experience/Gameplay Creation - Create interaction and functionality using Unreal’s Blueprints system
- Material Creation - Design complex materials in Unreal and instruct artists on best practices for material creation
- Lighting - Be well versed in the various lighting techniques in Unreal and instruct the artists in lighting best practices
- Optimization - Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices
- Collaborate with other developers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D phases
- Extensive experience working with Unreal Engine
- Advanced experience of Unreal’s Blueprints system
- Advanced experience with Maya (3dsMax considered)
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Allegorithmic Substance Designer/Painter
Beneficial Additional Skills (not essential to the role but would help differentiate candidates):
- Experience with VR/AR authoring in Unreal
- Maya Rigging experience
- Traditional VFX pipeline knowledge
- Shader programming experience
This is for staff or on-site freelance position. Salary/rates info available upon request.
To apply, please respond to this posting on the official Mill website: