The Mill has been creating world-class visual effects built on creative excellence and cutting-edge technologies for over twenty-seven years. We believe in creating work that touches people emotionally, that becomes popular culture and that people love, talk about and want to share. We believe in great ideas beautifully told. The Mill is looking for Developer & Lead Developer to join our Creative Tech team in New York.
As a Developer, you will collaborate on building applications and develop tools for VR, AR, MR, experiential and experimental projects. We will utilize your wide range of experience in computer science and software development to tackle complex programming problems and find efficient solutions towards merging art and technology.
- Work closely with developers and technical artists on various Emerging Technology projects.
- Research / experiment with new hardware and software.
- Maintain great working relationship with team.
- Collaborate directly with creative directors and designers.
- Be able to articulate technically complex concepts concisely for non-technical collaborators and clients.
- Daily interactions with production team to stay on schedule with all tasks and assist with bidding.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Computer Science, Computer Graphics based degree and at least 3 years of professional experience.
- Fluency in C++.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine.
- Proficient with compiling customized engine & develop UE4 plugins.
- Proficient with Git/Perforce or other version control systems.
- Comfortable learning new software and programming languages.
- Understanding of content & technical pipeline.
- Solid software engineering skills; ability to write maintainable and robust code.
- Able to self-direct and comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Able to think creatively outside the box.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate under tight deadlines.
- Strong time management & organization skills.
This is for staff or on-site freelance position. Salary/rates info available upon request.
To apply, please respond to these postings on the official Mill website:
Last edited by MillxPB; 09-16-2019, 01:27 PM.