The metasound of the rifle in Lyra

Hello y’all!

So I am experiencing a buggy thing when running out of ammunition going full automatic. Sometimes, the audio is killed perfectly timed with the last shot but more often than not, the audio keeps playing for another second. I’ve spent hours changing parameters to remedy this but to no avail.

Who has some piece of advice?

Thanks.

I had a quick look and I think there are actually 2 Metasounds for the rifles, and I believe one isn’t being used. You may know that, but just in case you were tweaking parameters in the wrong one.

You can check the reference viewer to see which one is being called by the BP

1 Like

Not quite.

This problem came shipped and is still there even though you create a whole new project.

I have done extensive troubleshooting in both GCN, GA, tags and MS but still to no avail.

The issue is that the audio gets a hickup and will still trigger after running out of ammo in full auto.

Should anyone have more info on how to go about this, please let me know.

To further explain what I mean, I will refer to the message displayed in the very Metasound:

“Re-evaluate every 5ms. There’s probably a better way to do this The delay on the first shot is not ideal, but the second shot is very likely to drift a bit, so this helps even out the beginning as well”.

This creates a lag that will delay the initial triggers of the MS and thus won’t kill the audio when running out of ammo.

1 Like