The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience | Download now!

According to this eurogamer article its coming at UE5 Full release :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

‘The Matrix Awakens’ main character - IO - aren’t really a part of Warner Bros IP, so this entire segment of the demo including the assets will be given away with the full release of Unreal Engine 5 in the spring of next year, along with tutorials for developers in how to build their own open worlds.

“I’m really excited to see what the community is going to do with this, right?” says Jeff Farris. “I mean one of the big goals with the engine itself is to just facilitate creators. What’s the friction and how do we make it easy? You look at the tech like Lumen and Nanite, and that stuff really helps with that, but just releasing this to the community and letting people do what they’re going to do with it is amazing.”’

1 Like

I didn’t think UE5’s full release was going to be so soon. UE4 was in beta for more than a year if I remember correctly.

And the take away from the article is "It’s important to stress that The Matrix Awakens is not a game, nor will it ever become a game - as far as we know. "

Howdy everybody, we needed to tell you that in later arrivals of Unreal Engine, we will be supporting head-mounted AR and VR gadgets through the OpenXR standard 18 that we’re effectively creating in a joint effort with our friends through the Khronos Group 1. We treat OpenXR support in Unreal Engine as a five star resident, particularly as we look toward the future with Unreal Engine 5.

OpenXR is creation prepared in Unreal Engine 4.27 2 and going ahead we suggest that equipment suppliers give an OpenXR viable runtime, with stage augmentations 9 and OpenXR expansions 5 presented on the commercial center whenever required.

//Inputs: Tex, UV, Center, Angle

//Needed correcting the angle so it spins in a full circle
float ang = Angle * 3.14 * 2;

float2 angle1 = float2(sin(ang), cos(ang));
float2 angle2 = float2(cos(ang), -sin(ang));

//I had the UV as a single number var by accident
float2 preDot = -Center + UV;

float dot1 = dot(preDot, angle2);
float dot2 = dot(preDot, angle1);

float2 preRot = float2(dot1, dot2);
float2 rot = Center + preRot;

return Texture2DSample(Tex, TexSampler, rot);
Our examples and formats are advancing close by our apparatuses. In 4.27 we delivered another VR Template 10 intended for OpenXR. The layout works out-of-the-container on a wide scope of VR gadgets 15 and is an illustration of how OpenXR works on the existence of engineers, and the lifetime of their applications. Remain tuned for additional layouts and tests as our devices mature!

For discussions around OpenXR head over to the VR and AR Development class 43.

The project is Amazing!!! Thank you guys for the awesome job! I’m dig in the system to learn the techniques and got stuck when I want to get the reference of the player’s camera. Can you guys help me out? Many thanks! @Amanda.Schade

Hallo, it appears the servers are down? Is there any chance you can bring them up again, even if it was for a short time?