The main module of a project not be found in a packaged game?

I have a small test project that I’m trying things out in, and hit a wall trying to package the game.
“Madness” is the main project module and it can’t be found by a C++ built project that compiles, loads, plays in Standalone, and packages for Windows shipping (and development) without errors.

The only error is a Message dialog on running the bootstrap .exe or the binary .exe: "

I’m so confused.
There’s a lot of similar error responses on google, but the situation seems to never really be solved until someone just declares it works.

The project I have is tiny (just a widget), and almost all the plugins shipping with the editor have been disabled (like Datasmith and Android and Chaos and so on); the C++ in the project is a function library and the solution was rebuilt from scratch in VS 2022 (after 2019 started).

I do get a packaging warning for a BP function library node I added to copy or paste the clipboard.

[2023.04.28-20.44.29:843][574]UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogLinker: Warning: [AssetLog] C:\Users\ipad4\Documents\UE5Projects\Madness\Content\Madness\BP\clipboardcopy.uasset: VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object 'Package /Script/InterchangeFactoryNodes'
[2023.04.28-20.44.29:848][575]PackagingResults: Warning: [AssetLog] C:\Users\ipad4\Documents\UE5Projects\Madness\Content\Madness\BP\clipboardcopy.uasset: VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object 'Package /Script/InterchangeFactoryNodes'
[2023.04.28-20.44.29:854][575]UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogLinker: Warning: [AssetLog] C:\Users\ipad4\Documents\UE5Projects\Madness\Content\Madness\BP\clipboardcopy.uasset: VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object 'Package /Script/InterchangePipelines'
[2023.04.28-20.44.29:855][576]PackagingResults: Warning: [AssetLog] C:\Users\ipad4\Documents\UE5Projects\Madness\Content\Madness\BP\clipboardcopy.uasset: VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object 'Package /Script/InterchangePipelines'

If I enable Datasmith (just following some web suggestions about Interchange package being handled by Datasmith plugin), then I get an Packaging fail on trying to bundle in a non-distributing editor module to do with SkeletalMeshGeometry that can’t be included in packaged builds. I suspect Datasmith has nothing to do with the Interchange stuff the clipboard copy function cares about.

The function works in gameplay; and the shipping build packages. It just won’t play the final .exe as the picture attached shows.

Any insights appreciated!

I gave you wrong infomation so make a reply again.

This might be a module name problem. IMPLEMENT_MODULE definition makes some infomation to be given for engine when started. But the engine couldn not find the name of your project module. It is possible that your module class defined in YourProjectName.Build.cs and the name of module defined by IMPLEMENT_PRIMARY_GAME_MODULE (or IMPLEMENT_MODULE) are different.

1 Like

I fixed this by disabling live coding and manually compiling the c++ files like we used to do in UE4