The license for the Unreal Engine.

As far as I know, when the project budget will increase to $ 3,000 I will pay epic games 5 percent. I would like to know what happens if you use illegal Unreal engine 4, epic games and how to know who pays for the license and who does not pay. For example I’m 16, I live in the village, suddenly I create the game and begin to sell and the license has not paid that epic games can I do? Also forgot to add, I live in Ukraine, at the far end of the world.

If I understand correctly, you’re asking if they can catch you were you to skirt the royalties?

You understood me correctly. They just give the source code. An experienced programmer can write their own system of defense and will begin to sell the project. What epic games will do?

Forgive me for Google translate.

Вы правильно меня поняли. Они просто дают исходный код. Опытный программист может написать свою собственную систему обороны и начнут продавать проект. Какие эпические игры будут делать?

Well in that case I would advise you familiarize yourself with the EULA in order to understand why that may not be the wisest course of action. =)

Good read.Thank you.

Hey there! To clarify the royalties, the section that is being referred to is" The first $3,000.00 in gross revenue for each Product per calendar quarter".](Game-Engine-Technologie von Unreal - Unreal Engine) So you would making a decent amount of money per quarter to hit that threshold.

To answer you question about how Epic locates developers that try to go around Epic’s agreement with them, we intentional do not reveal what our techniques are so people will now be temped to bypass them. Anyone that is found to be doing this intentionally will usually face legal repercussions.