The Launcher says 'Please Wait' while downloading an engine version

I’m trying to create games and I’m just beginning and i don’t know how. under library and then under engine versions it says 4.9.0 please wait and i waited at least an hour and nothing changed. plz help.

Hi EdwardT,

If you are new to UE4, I suggest download version 4.8.3 of the engine. Right now 4.9 is still in it’s Preview stage and is not considered stable for development. It is for testing purposes only.

With that said, there was an issue with the Launcher over the weekend but it is fixed now. Try downloading the engine again.

If it still doesn’t download properly, follow the steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If the issue persist, follow the steps here to generate you Debug Logs. Then post them here, along with your Dxdiag (system specs).

Hi EdwardT,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above. Then post back here with the requested info.

Cheers,

TJ

Hi everyone,

For anyone else having this issue. Give the workaround posted here a try. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

TJ