The Last Standoff - Environment Piece

So this project is something I developed as part of one of my final MA projects, although I am pleased with the result I in no way considered it a finished portfolio piece. After a few months, I have decided to come back to this project and develop it through to a polished piece I can proudly include as part of my portfolio.

The inspiration for this is ‘Standoff!’ by Lucas Esche - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rW01J

Currently, I am having some trouble deciding what exactly I need to improve on and would love a fresh set of eyes to take a look!
Personally, I think I need to improve the snow, especially the bits sitting on the roof as well as the fire particle effects. I don’t have too much knowledge on particle effects so if anyone would be able to send me some helpful tips or link that would be much appreciated!

I have a lot of recorded bits of development since the beginning of this project so if anyone would be interested in a breakdown of anything, let me know.

Here’s a video to show it all off The Last Standoff UE4 - YouTube
(Quick FYI, the snow particle effects were taken from the UE4 ‘Particle Effects’ project, with some slight alterations)

Let me know what you think!

​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​

Thanks for the feedback! I 100% agree with you on the snow, it really needs some improvement, and i’ll look into sharpening up the wood. Here’s what the wood looks like underneath the snow :slight_smile: