The inertialization blend mode for montages does not work anymore.

Some version ago, Epic introduced a Blend Mode option (In/Out) on Montages, so one could change from Standard to Inertialization, just like you would with a Blend node or a State Machine transition.

It worked perfectly fine until 5.4, version in which I definitely do NOT see the effect of inertialization being applied. What happens is, no blend is applied at all if using the Inertialization Mode, whether the ABP uses an Inertialization or a Dead Blending node. It snaps in one frame, ignoring the blend duration, exactly as if the ABP did not have any of these nodes at all.

In fact, on the node in my AnimGraph, the little orange indicator on the Inertialization (or the Dead Blending) node is missing when I blend in / out of the Montage (while it does show up for State Machine or Blend node transitions, and it did show up for Montage blends in versions prior to 5.4).

Could we expect a fix at some point? This is a significant regression.

Thanks,
Jonathan

I think I was testing this wrong.
The inertialization is actually working, it’s just the orange indicator being broken. Which is a little confusing but that’s just a QOL, not a blocker.

Hey, it sounds like you fixed this? Or is it still broken for you? I’m experiencing the same issue: no blending at all if I set it to Inertialization. Can you elaborate on if you figured out the issue, or what you discovered? Thanks so much!