The Hum - Alien Survival Horror

Hi.

Yes, the crosshair was from the template, but I already removed that, it was very inmersion breaker. I am not using crosshair right now, just a point for some situations where you need to interact. The games has oculus rift support, so , with OR, I need just a point to show the “forward direction”

I totally agree with the need of a body for the player. We are working on it right now. Hands and shadows are very important stuff to feel the inmersion, and ,both on monitor and Oculus, the feeling is incomplete if you dont have these stuff.

Thanks for all the comments!

Not sure how I managed to miss the original post for so long. This is looking (and sounding) great!

The audio really works to sell it. Too often people skimp on the sound side of things, so I am glad to see that wasn’t done here. Going to refer some of our audio directors & engineers this way so they can take a listen; think they will enjoy it a great deal. =)

Hi , thanks for the comment!

I believe that ambientation is everything in a game like this, and I am very focused on achieve a very detailed ambiance.

The game is in a very early stage, so most of the ambientation guidelines come from concepts and story script, but I found that Unreal Engine 4 is just great to achieve the exact ambientation I was searching for.

We were making on this as small team in Unity before the UE4 release in march, but, after the release, I just couldnt avoid to decide the port of the game. I found that every aspect for the game feeling can be done with great quality without great suffering.

And, of course, sounds are very very important! To be honest, I would love to improve everything lots more, but… there is a long path ahead!

Looking and sounding cool guys- you definitely understand the value of audio to help build tension, atmosphere, and shocks :). Keep up the good work-
Zak

Very very great atmospheric game! Like V/H/S-2 episode))

This looks like a fresh take on survival horror. Very promising. Glad to hear you’re supporting the Rift as well. Just a note on that though, you may want to disable lens flare when using a Rift (if you haven’t already) because our eyes don’t experience lens flare :wink:

And there was me thinking I was being all original doing an alien contact horror game (Great minds think alike I guess huh :wink: ). Still I’m glad to see I’m not the only one trying to put a twist on the horror genre and as someone who’s coming from the same kind of perspective I’d like to commend you on the direction you have taken so far. It looks right, feels right and sounds right (personally not a fan of hearing the player character breath so much but that’s just me).

Your farther along than I am so I’ll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. Good job and best of luck!

Yes, I have a little demo ready for Oculus Rift (will be releasing it this weekend) and, I disabled lens flare, due it is a camera effect (lens… to be redundant =P). And, besides the un-realistic it could be, you eyes bleeds with the lens on the oculus hahaha