The game module 'project name' could not be successfully initialized after it was loaded.

Hi I am using unreal 5.3 but the project has stopped opening. Giving the following error. I tried deleting the temporary folders such as saved, intermediate, DerivedDataCache and SLN file and regenerated the solution but still facing the same issue. Please help I am on a strict deadline.

Any solution for this?

In your uproject file you need to have the project name

example

{
	"FileVersion": 3,
	"EngineAssociation": "5.3",
	"Category": "",
	"Description": "",
	"Modules": [
		{
			"Name": "yourProjectName",
			"Type": "Runtime",
			"LoadingPhase": "Default",
			"AdditionalDependencies": [
				"Engine"
			]
		}
	],
	"Plugins": [
		{
			"Name": "ModelingToolsEditorMode",
			"Enabled": true,
			"TargetAllowList": [
				"Editor"
			]
		}
	]
}

in your source target files you have to have your project in ExtraModuleNames.Add(“yourProjectName”);

inside of source / yourProjectName/ yourProjectName.cpp
it’s crucial to have the main module set

#include "yourgamename.h"
#include "Modules/ModuleManager.h"
IMPLEMENT_PRIMARY_GAME_MODULE( FDefaultGameModuleImpl, yourProjectName, "yourProjectName" );
2 Likes

Brooooo you just saved my bacon big time. i deleted that module file a couple days ago because i thought it was a file I made on accident then forgot about it! I restored it back from the recycling bin and it booted up just like normal. Thank you so much!

You’re welcome. Hope this post can help stuck people in the future if they have a similar problem.

2 Likes

First of all , thank you @3dRaven <3

This is what worked for me in case anyone still has issue :face_with_thermometer:

Deleted temporary files and folders :
deleted

Added ProjectName.h and ProjectName.cpp to ProjectName/source/ProjectName/ (here):

ProjectName.h :

// Copyright Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

#pragma once

include “CoreMinimal.h”

ProjectName.cpp :

// Copyright Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

include “ProjectName.h”
include “Modules/ModuleManager.h”

IMPLEMENT_PRIMARY_GAME_MODULE( FDefaultGameModuleImpl, ProjectName, “ProjectName” );


then right click on uproject file → generate visual studio project files
and opened solution file and compiled successfully …
no more weird errors

1 Like