The Future of Libraries - Creep It Real

The Future of Libraries - Creep It Real

Student Submission: Yes

Credits to sourced content:

“VR Headsets” (VR Headsets - Download Free 3D model by Ramanan [d5cf094] - Sketchfab) by Ramanan is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution
Various Megascans courtesy of Quixel
Twinmotion Computers and Monitors pack used

My rendition on the future of libraries, the future of information retention.
Unreal Engine 5.0.3

2 Likes

Greetings @ellis_rb !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

I must say, this future of libraries looks bleak from the outside in. It’s giving me “stuck in the Matrix” vibes. In the character’s VR, so much knowledge could possibly be absorbed in the most visually amazing way, but unplug, dear friend, you’re starting to look creepy…

What are the top three things that came to your mind when you learned of the Creep It Real challenge?

2 Likes

Thank you! @Get_DOVAH_it

I am a big fan of ready player one, so the concept of living virtually was something I wish to explore.

My three things would be:

1. This looks fun, I’ve never made an environment in UE5 before so I was excited to give it a go.

2. There’s a student entry section! This was nice to see because I’m a long way off industry.

3. The prizes look awesome, and I’m interested to see how everyone else’s entries will look.

1 Like

Hi @ellis_rb !

Thank you so much for that awesome response! Ready Player One is also one of my favorite movies!

Having never made an environment before in UE5, I’d say you’ve done a great job! I wish you the best of luck in your studies! What are your career aspirations, by the way?

Thank you! @Get_DOVAH_it

It means a lot, it sure is fun, and it won’t be my last!

Well I love my course, I am currently studying AR and VR development, I would love a AR/VR related job. Funnily enough, working at Epic would be a dream prospect - seems like a progressive company that is always looking ahead.

Also, I have a question. I made my video all in UE5, but I added some sound effects in davinci resolve, can I submit the sound effects version? Or does it have to be the 100% raw version with no audio from engine?

1 Like

You’re most welcome @ellis_rb !

I’m happy to learn that you’re loving your course! Combining creativity with logic can produce amazing art! I wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors!

Great question regarding audio! I will give you the answer straight from the Creep It Real FAQ.

“Can I add audio in post-editing software?”

• We would prefer that participants look at the command-line encoder to add audio from within the Engine when it comes to Movie Render Queue, or add audio tracks via Sequencer. However the first option isn’t the most intuitive without supporting documentation, the only documentation that really goes deep into this is third party. With this, we decided to allow the use of post-production software ONLY for adding the audio, and we will reserve the right to ask to see a screen recording of the render within UE.

I hope this answers your question, mate! :smiley:

@Get_DOVAH_it

Thanks that’s great! I really should of read that lol!

1 Like

No worries! LOL! Happy to help!