The Following Modules Are Missing or Built With Another Engine Error

After following this tutorial, for adding Steam to my game, my UE4 Project will no longer start and will give me this error:

The following modules are missing or built with another engine version:
UE4Editor-GameName.dll
Would you like to rebuild them now?

All I did was change the files for my engine and my game according to the tutorial. It does not give me enough time to click on the log file before giving me another error so I am unable to provide the log. When I click ‘yes’ I get this:

GameName could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

I’ve done some research about this but nothing gave me an answer. I am using the Retail Build of Unreal Engine.

As Ue4 suggests you, open you project in VS and try to build it and see what errors shows up. If you can’t build your module (due to error in code for example), you won’t have it’s dll and editor will not able to open your project without it as it is now defined as requirement of project in uproject.

That’s one of the things I found while searching for a solution. Would you mind explaining how to open my project in VS or provide a link to something that does? I really don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to C++ with VS and UE4 (I’m more of a graphics designer, not a programmer.)

You can see the build log in /Saved/Logs/.log

Have you found the solution?

I have not found the solution… However, I did find an almost working fix but I can’t remember which way worked because I tried two solutions. The first thing I think I tried was to copy the project for a higher version of UE4 and just fixed what I needed to. The second thing was to make a new project and copy the content folder from the old project to the new one and re-setup everything I needed to in the project settings.