The feet of my 3d model not moving after animation retargeting

After I have retargeted the animations from my placeholder character everything has worked perfectly , except the feet of the character don’t move ,the rest of the leg does ,but the feet are just sliding across the ground , I have tried some solutions but all of them involve the unreal engine 5 third person template characters, I use a custom controller and the solutions do not apply to my problem .
Here is some material that might help :

Hey @DaBluePie! Welcome to the forums!

So this sounds like an IK problem, maybe in your animation graph? Inverse Kinematics is trying to level your legs with the ground because that’s what it’s supposed to do, but you don’t want it working 100% of the time. Here’s the documentation, I recommend checking out some videos on IK as well!

1 Like

I have already tried some tutorials on foot ik and none seem to work, I only have the problem during playtime ,when I preview the animations in the editor they play normally , but when I test the game , the feet just slide along the ground

It sounds like you need to temporarily disable your foot IK. Can you get some pictures of your animation graph on your animation Blueprint? Maybe by putting eyes on it we can see what might be the problem.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 144408

This is all the code in the anim graph, I didn’t make it myself so there’s some things idk

So in this image, try connecting the Output of the Two Bone IK to the Input on Component to local, bypassing the Leg IK node completely. Let’s see what happens :slight_smile:
This should at least get your legs moving!

1 Like