"The Farm" a Singleplayer / VR Horror Adventure

Greetings Unreal Members.
A friend and myself decided it’s time to something on our own.
Both of us are working in the Games industry and we want to make something new.
We called it “The Farm”. Atm we are in the Blockout Stage, but the main mechanics are already in. So Code first.

I try to share as much as possible here and on other sites.
If you want more infos about the game (and a little Backstory) then feel free to visit our IndieDB Site.

That’s all for the moment. And now some WiP Shots

Pls join us here:

https://twitter.com/playthefarm

Greetings :).
In this little Update, we will talk more about our main mechanic, which we will include in “The Farm”.
For the Story, I only can say: Something strange happened in your new Home and you have to figure it out.
Our main goal is to introduce the Player to a realistic World with realistic Physics.
Because this is an Adventure, you have to look out for stuff and be smart. For this, we are using our own “inspect” System, which will allow you to Inspect every little thing in Detail.

Here is a little Demo

Also we started with a more detailed Version of the House.

So People, that’s all for the moment :). See you next time.

Greetings
The Farm Team.

New Update ! :slight_smile:

looks great so far. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

Thank you :).
Yeah we are working on it ! :).

Wow! It sure is something!

Greetings from the (at the moment :D) Sunny Germany !
As always we are working very hard on “The Farm”.

Atm we are working on our Road System, Interior Meshes, Textures and some other very cool stuff.

But let me show you what we achieved in the last Week.

So first of all we added the veranda to our House and gave it a nice, old Wooden look (made in Substance Designer).

Also we added some Parallax to it, to give it some nice Thickness. Maybe we have to scratch this for the VR part, but we will see. At the moment the whole Scene is running at 90 Fps and more. But of course there is much work left.

After the Veranda we added our first Terrain Pass to the level, to give it some Hills and not only a flat Plane. This was pretty basic World Machine stuff, nothing fancy here.
On the Terrain you can see the first Terrain Texture (in the end this will be 4-6, to give it some nice variation).
The whole Terrain is tessellated, but in a smart Way. The Game checks the Position of the Player and the Terrain will be tessellated in a fixed Radius. So we don’t waste any Drawcalls / Fps.

The last new thing for this Week is our Roof (which is still WIP).

So that’s all new stuff for the Week. Of course we are working hard on it, to get more stuff faster in. At the moment we experimenting with Network Light Rendering (Unreals SWARM Tool). Because we are using a very intense Light Setup.

And that’s all for this Week. I will add some new Screenshots for you guys. make sure you follow us on the Social Networks like Twitter Instagram and Facebook. Also we are streaming our Development on Twitch.

https://twitter.com/playthefarm
https://www.instagram.com/playthefarm/

See you next Week ! :slight_smile:

Greetings ! :).

This week was a stressful one.
I was totally sick until Thursday and Lukas was working intense of getting new Textures in place.
Atm we are at 5-6 outdoor Textures, which you will see next Week when more stuff is in place.
But they look awesome as always ;).

Today he started to work on the Character and made the first Skeleton for this one. So here is the first pass. Right now he is working in ZBrush, but this will take some time and you will see the real Character at a later time.

83ihomb.png

I finished the my Geiger Counter and made a Old TV. So not much on my side.

The next Update will be bigger ;).

Make sure you follow us on the Social Networks like Twitter Instagram and Facebook. Also we are streaming our Development on Twitch.

Twitter.com
Instagram.com

See you next Week ! :slight_smile:

Here is a WiP Shot of our Character.
89d0ad5557818789d4ca26b868c2fa1927ede468.jpeg

awesome quality of this new character, impressive!!

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Another Character Update. Now with some Details Maps.

0a92ccbad04cc2f9a06175435825b7ed2fc043b8.jpeg

Our Character can now sweat and can get dirty

6f61ae2c2dcdb5edaa9d055b3b8c7f4757e3d8f5.jpeg

Check out our latest News Update at Indie DB:

We received our first of two HTC Vive boxes. Let’s get started with the next gen stuff!
741e44513292527172144c885fa2cd63affd4791.jpeg