The Epic Launcher Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely Windows 7

Trying to install Epic Games Launcher on my new hard drive (to download UE4) and it keeps ending prematurely. It gets to “Installing DirectX” part where it hangs for like 15 seconds and then right after it gets to “Setting Permissions” and then just stops and displays “The Epic Launcher Setup Wizard Ended prematurely” message. I already tried a lot of things to fix it (such as run it as Admin, skip directX install and skip setting permissions via command prompt) but it just won’t install. I generated a log file but I can’t discern what the issue is from it and I’m also unable to upload it here cause its too big (and AnswerHub isnt working either for some reason) so i just made a bunch of file.io links to it instead (as it disappears as soon as someone downloads it)… would appreciate any help.

SOLVED. I needed to install Microsoft .NET Framework, everything works fine now.
I figured it out when I tried and failed to install other stuff like gitHub and MSVS as their installers actually told me what the issue was whereas Epic Launcher installer didn’t.

Though I still can’t use AnswerHub for some reason. I can view it when signed out but get an error if I try to sign in that says “There was an error contacting the remote service” (with the screen shaking a bit side to side) so I’m unable to post questions there. Wonder what’s up with that.

1 Like

Man! thank you so much