The epic games launcher for unreal 4.10 won't start offline?

the epic games launcher for unreal 4.10 won’t start offline? is it supposed to be like that or is there something i’m doing wrong?

Hi holocule,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble. Are you getting any error messages? What is happening when you try to select offline mode?

Hi holocule,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above then post back here with the requested info.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Hi !
I’m upping this thread as I got the same problem, and that’s really annoying to be unable to work.
When I don’t have internet connexion or a slow one, the launcher stay on “Please wait…” after choosing the offline mode (or before I can do anything when I’m connected on a bad spot).

I don’t have any error message, only the usual “Please wait…” (which shows up when internet’s here but only for few secondes. For example, I got this yesterday for about more an hour before closing the launcher.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hi Sorry, I’ve kinda been busy, and found the only solution was to reinstall the engine, as when it was hanging at 95% when loading up, it only started doing that after it had tried to install an update, but the update didn’t finish installing due to my connection. So I don’t know if your engine has tried to update or not, but have found not using the engine while online seems to stop the problem… I hope… that helps

I fixed it too, and regarding your comment, I guess the launcher not starting has to do with updates.

In fact, I tried to do all updates and dl the Engine’s last version through the launcher (when online of course), as well as updating the game Paragon, and now everything seems ok. I’m not really sure if this is linked, but several friends of mine have the Epic Game launcher but the problem happends only to the few who got Paragon.

In hope that these would help people later

hi, glad you got it working, can I ask… did your engine only start working once you had finished installing the updates?

Hm yeah I guess. I didn’t see the launcher installing it so I guess it was done automatically after downloading the updates and I wasn’t watching…