The Environment Community Project (The Ocean Project)

It appears that Landscape Modulation is broken, you are not able to select a specific landscape. Although, I would appreciate if this is getting fixed and additional operates as an landscape array, since I use several landscapes. I’ve looked quickly into the Ocean BP, but there is nothing related to landscape or modulation.

Yes.

Unfortunately, many errors when you try to package a 4.24 project with the Legacy_4.22 branch - building fails.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Underwater] In use pin  <Unnamed>  no longer exists on node  Get Wave Height Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Ocean/BP_Underwater.BP_Underwater
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Underwater] In use pin  Target  no longer exists on node  Get Wave Height Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Ocean/BP_Underwater.BP_Underwater
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Underwater] In use pin  Location  no longer exists on node  Get Wave Height Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Ocean/BP_Underwater.BP_Underwater
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Underwater] In use pin  Return Value Z  no longer exists on node  Get Wave Height Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Ocean/BP_Underwater.BP_Underwater
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Underwater] Could not find a function named "GetWaveHeightValue" in 'BP_Underwater'.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   Make sure 'BP_Underwater' has been compiled for  Get Wave Height Value from Source: /Game/Ocean/BP_Underwater.BP_Underwater
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Underwater] In use pin  BP Ocean Ref  no longer exists on node  Get . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Ocean/BP_Underwater.BP_Underwater
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogPluginManager: Warning: Plugin 'OceanPlugin' is not compatible with the current engine version (4.22.0)

PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../../LOE/EPICA/Content/Ocean/BP_Ocean.uasset' failed to load '/Script/OceanPlugin': Can't find file.
PackagingResults: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Parent for BlueprintGeneratedClass /Game/Ocean/BP_Ocean.BP_Ocean_C

just wanted to say: thank you. that is freaking awesome. The work everybody did put into this project is just massive. Wow!

Legacy is 4.20 code, that’s been updated to work up to 4.24 but nothing else. I have future plans for the project, hence legacy. Legacy because it’s in maintenance mode.

If anyone makes improvements, I’ll add them via pull request.

As of right now, legacy is the only thing available. I’m working on some weather stuff, but it’s a slow learning process. Always looking for shader help

What exactly do you mean by “shader”, something like that, i’m also trying to read a little bit into the project when I have time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BViJ…R-paEs&index=1

edit: I thought the link might help, good luck

Hello!
I ran into a problem that I don’t know how to solve, since I just started to study Unreal.
The problem looks like this - the ship controlled by the character disappears in the loaded location if the map is made using World Composition and the size limit of only 20 km is removed.
The loss is similar to that of a 20 km zone.
That’s just that there is no problem with the character, he runs everywhere and does not disappear, even if the card has a size of 50km by 50km.
Maybe someone knows how to fix this?

Please read the first post, and visit the discord for help with issues.

And by “shader” I mean hlsl and material shaders. (Need someone with experiance, more in hlsl than material)

Hello. I can’t download it. Do you have the same?

the download link on github works, gl

The Environment Plugin Project has officially released! (Same repo, new default branch) (See first post for new pictures)

can we has a faq or something?

The faq, help, and information you could possibly want is stored on the discord, link in my signature.

Tried to do Epic’s new livestream, but can’t follow it without a water shader in place. Used the Ocean Project a few years ago, so knew it had buoyancy and beautiful waves - most certainly better than those in the asset used in the livestream. Thanks a lot for keeping the Ocean, no, Environment Project alive.

Thank you for the beautiful words. Over the last few months I’ve started to redo parts of the ocean material, making it more efficient and better looking, no to mention just an overall quality of life improvement for all the new users. Tons of information and a good amount of help on the discord. Always looking for a shader engineer to spice things up. (For example, “crashing waves” are technically mathematically already there, but only someone with advanced 3D math knowledge will be able to pull it off (If you push wave amplitude too high, the peak of the wave inverts into a tunnel, this could be mathematically modified into a proper crashing wave).

Also, after finding out they started work on water, I did offer the project to epic themselves through a private channel. I never heard back from them. (I still want this, even with the continued work I am doing. I’d rather have this become a part of the engine with proper technical help, than rest on the shoulders of a few, who do what they can.)

Anyways, Thanks for the kind words.

Hey guys, so today I had two users @thesystemera and @kuso-effer talk about applying for a mega grant for this project, so with that, I will. I’ll edit this post or the main post to reflect any news of this! You’re comments are welcome, including suggestions for what you guys would like to see implemented into the environment project!

id like to see this project using the new features of unreal - like volumetric clouds and water - its should be more usefull when using build in features

I would like to see example map with all the new 4.26 stuff also integrated when it is finally out… like small beach with ocean waves, ground caustic, underwater PP effects, new volumetric clouds and daylight system.

That would be just a great start for any personal project imho.

Hello. Is the project dead?

community is still working on it just check branches on github as for example latest 4.26: GitHub - 59kills/Environment-Project

Hmmm… No updates for 8 months… It doesn’t look like it’s alive…