The Dropper Plugin: Physics-Based Asset Scattering

Hello everyone, this thread is for discussion of The Dropper Plugin: Physics-Based Asset Scattering.

Please feel free to post questions, request features, report bugs, or post cool stuff you’ve made with the plugin.

To start things off, here is a sneak peak at version 1.1 which will be released next week.

Gif01

2 Likes

Version 1.1 has been approved by Epic and is now available for download.
It includes tons of new features and improves on the base version in virtually every way. I think you will be very happy with the results.

I also created a new Getting Started video to help new users.

The Dropper Plugin will be on sale this week for 50% off. So if you’ve haven’t tried The Dropper Plugin yet, this is perfect time to jump in.

1 Like

Epic has just approved my file submission, so The Dropper Plugin is now compatible with Unreal Engine 4.27.

1 Like

That’s amazing to hear Mark, thanks for your prompt actions for 4.27 release!

I’m happy to say The Dropper Plugin is now compatible with UE5 Early Access.
You can find the installation instructions in the documentation here.
Thank you everyone for your patience and your wonderful support. I can’t wait to see how you use the plugin.

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks Mark :heart_eyes:

The Dropper Plugin is now compatible with UE5 Preview 1. You can find installation instructions in the documentation. If anyone has any issues installing or using the plugin, please let me know. Thanks again everyone for your support

1 Like

Hi, when are you goinig to deploy the plugin for ‘the released version” of UE5?

I’ve submitted the files to Epic so if everything goes smoothly, the UE5 version should be available tomorrow. If they request any changes or if they’ve changed their approval schedule it could be a bit longer. I’ll post here when it’s available. Thank you for your patience and your interest in the plugin. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

That’s great to hear Mark, thanks for the update, and I also appreciate you for creating this fantastic plugin, keep up the good work.

Great to hear. Looking forward to use the plugin in UE5. Thanks.

Epic have approved my file submission, so The Dropper Plugin for UE5 is now available directly from the Unreal Engine launcher. You no longer have to download from an external site and install manually. Thank you everyone for your patience and continued support.

1 Like

any news on when this will be available in 5.1 ?

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

UE5.1 Support is now available.

Epic had an increased number of submissions to review because of the 5.1 release, so it took them longer to than usual to approve The Dropper Plugin. Thank you everyone for your patience and continued support.

1 Like

Hi, everyone. In response to a feature request, I created a small update. It allows you to align the brush to the surface you’re dropping on. I also added the ability to add an impulse to your objects as you drop them. These together should help when placing objects in tight corners or when creating games that don’t have Z-aligned gravity.
Thank you all very much for your continued support.

1 Like

Hi, I just bought the plug-in and have gone through the docs and videos but when I try to drop stuff I don’t see the paint gizmo, I just see the regular Engine cursor. However, if I hold right mouse button and navigate around, I can see the gizmo being created at the location the camera was at when I started holding right mouse button. When exiting Dropper mode, after dropping a few items, they are baked onto the level but at seemingly random positions. As far as I can tell, there’s something going on with the drop gizmo. Any ideas?

Just created a new project and works perfectly. The other project I was trying it out on is very peculiar, it is a very large world and for some reason gravity was going sideways! On a fresh project works like a charm!!!