The Diver - a cinematic made with Unreal Engine 5, Underwater scene

Hi guys, I created a new Underwater scene, inspired by colorful underwater videos and aquariums, it uses Lumen and Nanite, and thanks to it I can add unlimited numbers of high poly corals.

I had a lot of fun creating this scene, the diver was recorded with the Take recorder tool (real gameplay) with cinematic cameras

I hope you like it!

Artstation

The Diver UE5 in Artstation

Video:

Screenshots.

Lighting

Nanite

2 Likes

Hey there @Jhosep_Chevarria,

Hope you’re doing well and having a wonderful week so far. :slight_smile:

It’s so nice to see more of your work after your famous Peru thread. As expected, you’ve continued the tradition of breathtaking scenes and inspiring your viewers with the worlds you create. The lighting alone is done so well that the entire video feels almost dreamlike. Wonderfully done :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for sharing and letting us here on the forums see more of your work!

3 Likes

Thanks @PresumptivePanda for your very nice words, I’m really happy you like my work.

1 Like

Wow! Your short cinematic “The Diver” is enchanting and extremely relaxing to watch! It’s best to watch this video in 4k to truly appreciate this scene’s quality. Thank you for dazzling us again with yet another gorgeous creation. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Greetings @Jhosep_Chevarria !

The clarity of the crystal blue water reminds me of the awe-inspiring and beautiful cenotes in Mexico. Of course, the fauna and flora isn’t as abundant in a cenote, but your cavernous underwater environment reminded me of them. The Diver is very mesmerizingly serene. I immensely agree with my counterparts’ comments.

The shot with the blue whale was perfect timing. Just when we were already taken aback with the fascinating environment and the impressive fluidity of the character movement, we graduated to amazed “ooooh’s” and “aaaaah’s” when the majestic whale appeared.

Jhosep, you thrill us again with another adventurous tour de force! Thank you for making Unreal Engine 5 “part of your wooooorld” (in my Little mermaid voice :mermaid: )! By the way, which models are yours?

2 Likes

Thanks @Zezkaii for your beautiful words, comments like yours are the highest reward I can have :shark:

2 Likes

Thanks @Get_DOVAH_it your description of the scene is amazing and I love it, thanks for your beautiful words. Good part of the corals (photogrammetry) are mine, with their custom materials and textures, I also worked with the lighting to get the colors and tones I wanted, and effects like the caustics, with nanite they look great here, no limits.

2 Likes

is this tryphophobia the game???