The cloud model (PTS) imported in TwinMotion is being imported colored blue. How can I import it with its original realistic colors?

Original cloud model with the real colors of the site (desired in TwinMotion).

1. Solved: I figured that the format I was using for the point cloud (PTS) does not contain any image data, and that's why the original colors were wrong. Instead, I converted the file into E57 in Autodesk Recap (.e57), which is a file format that supports both point cloud and image data. When importing the E57 in Twinmotion, it worked perfectly.

HI, Even when I import a .e57 file - exported from Recap- it is still blue. Does anyone have any advice on how to solver this? Thanks :)

Having the same issue with Pointclouds seeming to come in BLUE? This is an e57 file that was fine in 2022... just since import into 2023 TM.

Like the red and blue have swapped?

This has happened on other projects too.

Hi ,

If you're able to share a copy of the affected files, could you please submit a bug report here with a copy of your Twinmotion file and your .e57 file so our support team can investigate this?

Best,

Raghib

Hi ,

Thanks to sarahimsworth, we were able to find a bug affecting the .e57 file types in Twinmotion 2023 is causing this. The developers are working on a fix. In the meantime, we recommend using an alternative file type, or continuing to use Twinmotion 2022 if you need to use .e57 files until we can release a fix.

Best,

Raghib