The Cave | Better Light Than Never

The Cave
Unreal Engine 5.0.2
Student Submission: Yes (Rutgers University)

Video:

UE5 | Unreal Challenge: Better Light Than Never | “The Cave”

Abstract:

on my knees, wearing a bright orange frame in the cave where you cant smell a thing – one of those days in a beautiful bombshell – going towards someone else or i explode. do whatever you want, in the dirt and through the air, i walked it home straight from school in the next world war: like it (a gravitational pull of the earth, the descent onto our land), everyone was made for life.

i sat where he sat, where he was – his moving mouth of petrol saw me: my torso aslant, legs askew, head on the armrest, hands to toes, shoulders burrowing back into twisted metals. my blood was like the crushed plants i used to paint my walls, or my tendons: im taken with it all.

from my collarbone, i took a glance, a quick look, of his shirt made of poor stars and stones, his necklace of silver glitter, his overshirt and exposed nipple. from his hip were ceremonial PVC pipes and strips of HVAC duct, from his ankles were sandals with plastic purple gems. from his angled face was an ideal man with deep eyes of apollo 2000, zero faults and a hydrogen charm.

he said was in my shower when the twenty-first century calamity buildings toppled in on each other, their satellites crashed on reentry, their charts lost in the debris. with the last of them dropped out of an airplane (silently overhead, maybe near the isthmus of techuantepec?) and into a mass frenzy of hands reaching out of the pile of human beings. a group of survivors sent an s.o.s to find a new shore, for a gun to kill my lunch. though what the hell, might even take a knife to breed or scare those children off my lawn… my twisted diamond heart.

UE Marketplace Products used:

• Luos Modular Rocks and Cave + Stalactites Cave Kit
  • Bank Vault Props - Volume 0
  • Projector
  • Boxes & Crates / 19+Assets
  • 32k Earth (is projected)

The music is my own.

Screenshots:

1 Like