the black pearl

hard to believe its been a month since my last vid,ive hardly noticed the days going by.

ive been busy to say the least.

full battle gameplay vid will follow soon.

Awesome work, I loved the water, the ship movement. I can say it looks like sea of the thieves. Congratulations!!!

thanks udkultimate.the water has evolved again since I did that vid.i have incorporated some parts from the tut that snipe34posted,thanks snipe.its an awesome shader but sadly the tut was never finished so you never really see the vertex displacement stuff.i copied as best I could from the brief glimpse but could not get it to work.so im still using the original vertex displacement from the second vid.but its not working all that well because when the sea mesh is scaled to fit the entire 10k box each polygon is around five times the size of the ship.

gameplay wise,there are 9 mission starting points where you get a treasure map or clues to help you find certain objects.for instance-when you find neptunes ring and return it to the mermaids you gain the ability to breathe underwater,handy when most of the map is under water and over 300 fathoms deep in places.

there are also plenty of ambient creatures around.seagulls,crabs,giant crabs,fish and 3 sperm whales so far.the kraken is also there of coarse.

I just love it when a 3d model takes on a life of its own.it happened with the aventador and now the pearl.i love udk.

has anyone got cloth working when added as a component in script?i cant get the cloth sim to kick in,so I have to attach the mesh in kismet,which is all good and well but its bugging me.

It looks better every new video. The sky looks a bit unreal ™.

better late than never.

i got bogged down with the sea material and then side tracked with an older side project.having done all the work for the ships I thought it was time to get the Titanic moving.

im happy with the water now but it has become a little expensive and so is liable to change again.ive learned a lot about materials though and that pays off in all my projects.

now its time to focus on some treasure hunting.

by the way,anyone else a bit disappointed with salazars revenge?

no point in starting another thread.

thanks ,im working on the particles,along with more destruction.

im going to try and go 1 further than most other titanic videos and add passengers too.

2 ships in 1,3 when ive done Olympics name badge.although no one remembers her because she never sank.

The Black Pearl gameplay seems very adictive, do you want to publish it?

theres a long way to go before a final game is ready,but yes I have a feeling that it will be done way before my zombie game is.

I also have a feeling it would do better than my zombie game.

when I was researching the titanic whilst modelling it I discovered quite a few conspiracy theories that id never heard before,some quite convincing-but I bet no one ever relaised it was actually time travelling pirates from the 17 centuary that sank her!:smiley:

Time travellers yeah **** nuisance :slight_smile:

Nice work as usual 661Gaz sail and steam!
And water’s looking good. They’re large areas to fill with stuff though. I guess trees, buildings, cliffs?

Edit: Well **** me dead, I didn’t know **** was swear word that needed censoring.