The Best Setting for VR Visualization (Unreal 5.1.1)

Hallo everyone,

I want to know what is the best settings (Scalability) setting for the best result for VR Visualization at the moment. I just watch the latest “Inside Unreal” about VR. And @VictorLerp mentioned that Nanite and Lumen is not the best solution at the moment to get realistic result on VR, at the moment it is better to baked the lighting.

I am trying to get good visualization, still using Lumen and Nanite at the moment. I am just wondering the best setting to preview it in HMD. Because I keep getting “Wobbly” effect on the HMD when I move my a little faster (left, right, up and down). It happens only on the HMD, not on the screen, so I cannot really record how it looks.

The “Wobble” will happen when there is a lot of Nanite mesh and more than 1 lighting is on the scene.

Anyone has the same problem?

Thank you!

Hi Rick,

The ‘wobble’ sounds like you’re seeing Asynchronous reprojection. (If you’re not hitting desired frame-rate synthetic frames are generated)

For Mobile, you should be using baked lighting, but for PC it’s possible to have some dynamic lights. (However for better fps/no wobble/good looking results baked lighting would be a good path forward)

Pressing CTRL + SHIFT + COMMA while playing in editor will give you a snapshot of what’s taking up the most rendering time.

1 Like

Thank you for your explanation.
I am wondering how to read after the CTRL+SHIFT+COMMA.

From what I have seen on my scene “DifuseIndirectAndAO” is the biggest 1.42ms

Edit:
I disable Lumen and tried to set “Scalability 1” and looks alright in the Editor. But then when I build the Windows app then there is a problem. It not projecting correctly on the HMD (double exposure).

Is there anyway to set it manually? So I can check which command causing double exposure on the HMD.

Thanks!

Edit:
After I put “Scalability 1” I put back the “sg.ResolutionQuality 100” and the “wobbly” effect is almost gone, but there is no double exposure anymore.